The reporting level is structured into three reporting channels: development, produc- tion and sales/service. On this level, certain areas of the ML-V (“Meldelinie-Vertrieb”) work are passed on to a so-called “Company Info”. The company takes care of constantly analysing, enriching and processing all data. On this basis, BMW employees may evaluate each fact, determine its demand for service and fulfil all requirements for their integration into the problem management process (PMP admission ticket). In its position as external “Company Info”, Formel D therefore performs the following tasks:
- Identification of abnormalities
- Search and identification of new error patterns by making use of all data sources available, especially of GMK data
- Enrichment of new identified error patterns with all necessary information in order to fulfil the requirements for the PMP admission card, e.g. supply of the defective parts in question from the trading organisation for analysis, consultation of the dealers for more information on specific errors etc.
- Comparison with the reporting channels of development and production
- Processing of information
- Processing of error messages from the system for the technical support
- Secondary efficacy proofs in the form of checking, if new GWK cases appear after the serial solution has been applied